|« Packt publishing special offer||Book review: Yammer starter »|
ELN Open Source dayPresentations & Workshops 8440 views
I'm looking forward to the Elearning Network's Open Source day on July 12th.
If you can get to Birmingham that day, and you've got any questions about open source software in learning, then it will be well worth attending.
- Mark Aberdour providing an introduction to open source elearning tools
- Barry Sampson speaking on "Open Source LMS - Wouldya? Couldya? Shouldya?"
- A panel session with leading practitioners in this area: Ross McKenzie, Ken Ingram, and Tom Phethean, as well as Mark Aberdour & Barry Sampson
- A series of short practical workshops
It's the workshops that I'm most excited about. It'll be a chance to play, to experiment, and to dig into the topics discussed in the morning:
- Build a responsive learning module using Xerte Online Toolkit
- Edit a video with Mozilla Popcorn
- Introduction to eFront
- Moodle hints and tips
- Open conversations with the panel
I'm sure we'll also be talking about Kineo's recent press release about their open source authoring tool project.
The event is kindly sponsored by our friends at eFront, who's LMS is definitely worth a look at if you're wanting something like Moodle but less focussed on formal education.