« Wisetail Learning EcosystemReducing teacher workload »

6 comments

Comment from: Joseph Thibault [Visitor]
Joseph Thibault

I think the best part of your post was the bullets at the end. Those four criteria would make for a much better model than what I think Moodle has been based on. I agree that Moodle is content centric (that’s why it’s valuable to so many) but at the same time I feel that when too much emphasis is placed on the content our teachers are students miss the point of learning. A rating system with the best content filtered to the top is definitely a fresh approach…now if only we can get that filter started…

13/11/09 @ 22:24
Comment from: berthelemy [Member]
Mark

Thanks Joseph,

Yes, the post was a bit of a ramble… I’m not sure that Moodle is by-default content-centric, but it certainly how people use it - because it’s so easy to do so.

14/11/09 @ 12:07
Comment from: berthelemy [Member]
Mark

Thanks Figaro,

I hadn’t realised how easy it was to crack MD5-hashed passwords. Although, I believe this is only possible if the passwords use simple words and do not mix lower and upper case letters.

Just adding a password policy and tweaking the teachers’ capabilities in Moodle would solve a lot of this.

15/11/09 @ 14:17
Comment from: Zaid [Visitor]
Zaid

Very interesting ideas and thoughts about Moodle and Elgg.

I have done some reflection on Moodle here, which might be of interest:

As for halfway house, why not just add a Elgg in Moodle, just like what they did with LAMS :)

Now, that would be a good start :)

Cheers and thanks for sharing your VLE frustrations and reflections.

Zaid

17/11/09 @ 13:49
Comment from: Miguel Miní [Visitor]
Miguel Miní

How about Joomdle, does it fit?

Greetings from Perú

Miguel

25/03/10 @ 16:29
Comment from: berthelemy [Member]
Mark

Hi Miguel,

I’ll have to take a look. Thanks for the tip.

Mark

25/03/10 @ 16:49
Contact. ©2014 by Mark Berthelemy. open source blog / web host UK.
Design & icons by N.Design Studio. Skin by Tender Feelings / Evo Factory.